Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Back to the Earth!


Welcome to my blog!  First, let me say that I know nothing about blogging, and even less about being an outdoors individual.  So please, feel free at any time to comment, ridicule, lambast, praise, advise... you get the idea.

My goals for this blog are these:
1)  Enrich my recent newfound love for the outdoors.  Be it through personal inspection (i.e. writing my experiences on the blog) or though public support (i.e. you, the reader... who will undoubtedly leave comments galore that clue me in to the miracles I'm staring at but somehow missing).

2)  Encourage someone else that may be on the same journey.  Until well, now, I was a lurker that just flat enjoyed looking at pictures of other people's yards, flowers, vegetables, animals, and overall homescapes.

So, please enjoy and check back regularly!

Pictures:
Disclaimer: I inherited the yard you'll see pictures of when we moved into our new house in Wilmington, NC.

Above: My favorite stand of Iris.  I feel like they came and went relatively quickly this past spring...  I'm glad I got this picture because our time together was so short.


No comments: